Bruceville-Eddy Water Supply service area is on Stage II Restrictions. “Moderate Water Shortage Conditions”, wherein customers are required to comply with restrictions on non-essential water uses, as demand has exceeded 78% of our systems capacity for at least three (3) consecutive days. It is required of all customers to achieve an 8% minimum reduction in their daily water demand. Irrigation (landscape watering) is now LIMITED to the hours of 8:00 P.M. until 12:00 A.M. (midnight) daily. This applies to all persons within the Bruceville-Eddy water company delivery area.
B-E WATER SUPPLY COMPANY ON STAGE II WATER RESTRICTIONS
All non-essential use is prohibited.
The following uses of water, which define non-essential use, are:
1. washing down of any motorized vehicles.
2. washing down of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, tennis courts or other hard surface areas.
3. use of water to wash down buildings, or structures, outside of fire protection.
4. use of water for dust control.
5. flushing gutters or allowing water to knowingly accumulate in gutters, ditches, streets, or tanks.
6. failure to repair a controllable leak within a reasonable time, after being given notice of such leak.
There is a penalty for ignoring water use restrictions, and you may be fined for violating the restrictions for demand reduction. Any City Police Officer, or County Law Enforcement Official may issue a citation to a person believed to be in violation of this article. Please watch this website for further notice of water restriction and supply management requirements. This Stage may be changed upon a consecutive increase of water demand and can be moved to Stage III = “Severe Water Shortage Conditions”, if demand exceeds 81% of our systems’ capacity for three consecutive days. With temperatures exceeding 100* daily, this can happen in a very short period of time.