Welcome to the City of Bruceville-Eddy. It’s an honor to be the City Administrator for this small, but proactive city. With the IH 35 expansion project getting ready to start, our small town has a wonderful opportunity to expand with it.
Some of the duties performed by the City Administrator include:
- Plans, organizes and defines the organization of City Administration to ensure a coordinated and efficient effort to meet the goals and objectives established by the Council
- Plans, develops and implements administrative policies, rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Coordinates the administration of all Departments and Boards and Commissions.
- Directs all personnel matters as provided by the Personnel Policies of the City and Utilities.
- Develops and issues administrative rules, policies, and procedures necessary to ensure proper functioning of all Departments.
- Prepares and submits an annual budget to the Council; obtains input from Department Heads; and keeps Council informed of the financial condition of the City and recommends action as appropriate.
- Attends and participates in all Council meetings and other meetings with official bodies as directed by the Council; ensures that all laws and ordinances are enforced; prepares agendas, reviews meeting minutes; prepares resolutions and ordinances for the Council and carries out Council directives.
- Attends other Board meetings as necessary.
- Administers local elections in accordance with State and County requirements; oversees the scheduling and training of election judges; and maintaining of election records.
- Oversees preparation of information for annual audit and reviews reports.
- Monitors operations to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, rules, policies and ordinances.
- Develops long and short-range goals and oversees their implementation.
- Prepares and arranges for publication of official and legal notices.
- Maintains all municipal records and documents as required by law; prepares certified copies as requested.
- Performs other duties as apparent or assigned.